Fire Services Needed For a Business. Are You up to Code?
Schmidt Security Pro designs, installs, and services many types of fire prevention systems for commercial, industrial and institutional applications. Following code requirements can help avoid false alarms, dangerous situations, and costly fines, while also keeping your equipment in top shape.
Schmidt Security Pro can custom design a fire alarm system that will provide optimum protection against loss of property and life, 24 hours a day.
Also covering service for most models and brands of alarm systems, both old and new, we provide a friendly, local solution to your service needs.
Fire Alarm Requirements
- Ohio Fire Code and Insurance Underwriters require fire alarm systems to be serviced and tested at least once a year. Dirty or dusty locations may require more frequent service checks.
- OSHA requires there to be a written evacuation policy in place. Fire drills must be held annually or with any new hires.
- OSHA requires there to be a way to notify occupants that there is a problem such as fire, hazardous weather or workplace violence. The system must be fully supervised, which means you are warned if there is a problem with the system and must be tested monthly.
- Ohio Basic Building Code requires alarm system to be installed anywhere large groups of people gather, such as churches and theaters, and in buildings where evacuation may be difficult, such as nursing homes.
At Schmidt Security Pro we provide top quality sales, service, repair, installation, and training on all types of fire extinguishers.
Our company can conduct a hazard survey of your facilities and offer recommendations based on your needs.
Fire Extinguisher Requirements
- OSHA Fire Extinguisher Requirements request that all Extinguishers must receive an annual maintenance check once per year by a certified technician.
- Every six years, your extinguisher must be taken apart and internally inspected by a certified technician.
- Every twelve years, your extinguishers must be hydrostatic pressure tested to ensure the integrity of the vessel and prevent flaws which could result in an extinguisher exploding.
- Fire extinguishers are not playthings! Even a slight discharge could result in a pressure leak that will make an extinguisher unusable.
Fire Suppression systems are a business’s first line of defense against devastating fire damage. Schmidt Security Pro can design a suppression system that will provide exceptional protection tailored to your specific facilities and hazards.
Kitchen Hood, Paint Booth, and Industrial Suppression System Requirements
- Fire code requires that these suppression systems be serviced twice a year.
- Suppression systems are required by building and fire code in many places of business.
- For many types of businesses, a fire suppression system may eliminate the need to have a fire alarm system.
Sprinkler Suppression System Requirements
- Fire code requires that sprinkler systems be serviced annually.
- Every five years, the internal integrity of the pipe must be inspected.
- Sprinkler heads have a lifespan of 10-50 years depending on the type.
- If sprinkler heads seem on too old or on their way out, they must be replaced or have a sample sent to UL Labs for testing.
Schmidt Security Pro will conduct the necessary testing to ensure these devices will operate properly and reliably during an emergency.
Emergency Lighting Requirements
- NFPA coding requires emergency lighting systems to be tested annually for functionality and duration.
Backflow Preventers are used to protect potable water from supplies from pollution or contamination caused by a backflow. Schmidt Security Pro is able to repair, clean and maintenance backflow preventers that are on domestic or fire water systems.
Backflow Preventer Requirements
- Ohio Building Code requires backflow preventers be tested annually.
- Most jurisdictions will require the result of this testing to be submitted. No need to worry, our company will take care of that for you!
Our friendly and experienced representatives can develop the right fire protection system for your needs, regardless how delicate or valuable your equipment and facilities are. Following basic code requirements can help avoid false alarms, dangerous situations, and costly fines; all while keeping your facility in top shape!
Founded in Mansfield, Ohio in 1976, Schmidt Security Pro is a recognized leader in loss prevention. Our knowledge specialists are licensed by the State Of Ohio’s Fire Marshal’s Office. We are members of the Ohio and National Burglar and Fire Alarm Associations and the National Fire Protection Association.