At Schmidt Security Pro we provide top quality sales, service, repair, installation, and training on all types of fire extinguishers.
We can also conduct a hazard survey of your facilities and offer recommendations based on your needs.
Fire Extinguisher Requirements
- OSHA Fire Extinguisher Requirements: Extinguishers must receive an annual maintenance check once per year by a certified technician.
- Every six years, your extinguishers must be taken apart and internally inspected by a certified technician.
- Every twelve years, your extinguisher must be hydrostatic pressure tested to ensure integrity of the vessel and prevent flaws which could result in an extinguisher exploding.
- Fire extinguishers are not play things. Even a slight discharge could result in a pressure leak that will make an extinguisher unusable.
D.O.T. Hydrostatic Requirements
- Hydrostatic testing is a nondestructive test required by the Department of Transportation to ensure the integrity of pressurized cylinders.
- Many types of cylinders require testing once every five years, while others require testing once every twelve years.